February 14, 2023
Valentine's Red Velvet Cake for dogs
In the mood for baking?
Try this recipe, guaranteed to leave your dog high on happiness!
Red Velvet Gugelhupf Cake for Dogs
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes Yield: 24 Mini Cakes
For the cupcakes
1 fresh beetroot, peeled
3 tbsp plain greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 175ºc
- Roughly dice the beetroot and strawberries and place in the bowl of your food processor.
- Add the applesauce and yoghurt. Blend until smooth.
- Add eggs and pulse until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients and pulse until just incorporated.
- Pipe or spoon batter into mini cupcakes or gugelhupf pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting. For the frosting
- Place the cream cheese and yoghurt into the bowl of your mixer and whip on medium until nice and fluffy.
- Add rice flour and beetroot powder and mix until combined.
- Add frosting to a piping bag and decorate your cakes. Top with crushed dried strawberries.
- Et voila! Watch the one you love the most, your dog, enjoy their Valentine's treat.
Don’t forget to tag us on all your adventures